Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Last Two Months

Well today our little guy, Corban turns two months old. It seems like only yesterday that we were going through all the challenges of getting ready for his arrival. After our challenging month in the NICU I must say that we are stronger people however, it did not come easily. During our little guys two months of life we have faced challenges and difficulties which include our son being in the hospital for nearly a month, feelings of inadequacy as parents (as I'm sure all parents experience), and a variety of other things. During this past two months I also had to undergo one of the most painful things that I have done which was to leave my wife and son for a week while I was at camp with our students from the church. While this was a wonderful experience and I'm glad that I was able to go, it was also very challenging because this was the longest that I have been away from my wife during our three year marriage. The hard part is that we know we are going to do it all over again next week went I am taking our students to New York on a mission's trip. This will be another challenging but wonderful experience, I'm sure. Leaving your wife and son is never easy but especially with everything that we have went through and the hurt that has been recalled. You see also in this past two months we relived the loss of our daughter a year ago (June 29th). This was another piece of the puzzle in our lives but we are continuing to move forward and make progress. We appreciate your prayers as we deal with the variety of issues that we are facing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you & your trip next week. You are all special to us, and you are thought of daily in this home. Corbin's picture on the mantel brings many smiles to us each day. We're thankful for the miracle of His life & the way God has carried your family through many difficult days. We're proud of you & the man of God that you continue to be. Have a wonderful time next week! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Matt and family,
I am so glad your family is together at home. I know it must be really hard to be a part from each other but then again you are all three in God's hands. You are in my prayers and thoughts. God Bless!

Chris Kindlesparger
Bethel UMC