Friday, June 6, 2008

Final Update on Corban


Yesterday was an amazing day. We were able to bring our little boy home. It was one day shy of a month in the NICU. A song that we have been listening to a lot lately has really been stuck in my (this is Mindy) mind. It is called Waters Gone By and is based on Job 11:13-20. I would encourage you to read these verses but I am going to write the words of the song.


You will lift up your face without shame

You will firmly stand with no fear inside

You will surely forget your troubles and pain

Recalling them only as waters gone by

If you put away the sin in your hand

And allow no evil to dwell

If you devote your heart

And stretch out your hands to Him

You'll be secure for there is hope

And you will safely take your rest

You will lie down

With no one to make you afraid

But the eyes of the wicked will fail

Darkness gives way to morning's light

Life will be brighter than noon day

As the waters go by into the night

I will lift up my face without shame

I will firmly stand with no fear inside

I will surely forget my troubles and pian

Recalling them only as waters gone by

As waters gone by

-Shawn Lewis-Glory Revealed CD


As Matt and I have recalled over the last few days the journey that Corban has taken in his month of life we are reminded of how far God has brought him. I don't know what God has planned for his life but I am sure that it is going to be amazing. He has an incredible story to tell. The past is "waters gone by". I hope that this has been an encouragement to anyone that is going through troubled waters. He will bring you through and "life will be brighter than noon day." Trust me....I've lived it.


Thank you for all your prayers and support during this difficult time. We appreciate it and know that God heard and answered each one.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are finally able to have your little boy home with you! I can't wait to see him! love you both Mindy and Matt

Sabrina

Anonymous said...

We check the blog this morning after returning from TN. He looks like a big, healthy guy in the picture.....PRAISE GOD FOR A MIRACLE!!! Hannah wants to know if we get to come & see him:) The kids are so happy & so excited. They've prayed faithfully for Corban every night. We love you & can't wait to see you all!

Mel & the Walden clan

Lisa said...

I am excited for you both and praising Jesus.

-Lisa